Thursday, March 18, 2010

LEGGINGS ARE NOT PANTS

I am not sure who told women it was okay to wear leggings as pants, but we seriously have an epidemic on our hands. Yesterday I had to have seen at least 200 girls walking around wearing their leggings as pants. I probably saw 20 girls properly wearing leggings. If you do not know how to properly wear leggings, then please continue to read.



When deciding to wear leggings with your outfit there are two important things to consider. 1) what color leggings am I going to wear (I must say I do not think a situation will EVER call for one to wear white leggings...they do not do ANYTHING for ANYONE!) and 2) What top am I going to wear. I must spend a little more time talking about this second issue.

Okay, the single most important thing to consider when wearing leggings is making sure whatever top you are wearing COVERS YOUR BUTT! Having a long shirt or some sort of dress is completely appropriate for leggings. In no circumstance do you want your butt to be out and about in your leggings. You could have the best butt on the planet, but leggings will grab onto it, and show everyone every nook and cranny you got there; hence leggings not being appropriate pants.

Seriously girls, you strive to have the perfect butt and the perfect boobs (boobs are a completely different issue however), and leggings are not helping you with the matter. It should be illegal. If you fail to see what I am talking about, put a pair on and look in the mirror. They are not flattering. So, next time you reach for your leggings, pair them with a long shirt or short dress that covers your butt and a pair of pumps (NO UGG BOOTS AND NO FLATS!). Together, we can put an end to this crisis!

-- Justin

0 comments: