Tuesday, March 30, 2010

men's accessories

Alright men, its time for a lesson in accessories. We, as the male species, are very limited on what we can wear in terms of accessories. As fashion continues to blossom and develop, more and more items are becoming appropriate and fashion forward for men. Now that spring is finally dawning on us, it should be a time of challenging yourself and your wardrobe by maybe trying something you haven't before.

My pick for this seasons mens accessory is the long necklace. Let me guess, the words "old lady" are flashing in your head? Yeah, thats how I felt at first, until I went to an armani exchange store in Las Vegas and saw the necklace choices there (please see below for what I am talking about). Obviously you will probably be able to head to a store that is a little cheaper to find this accessory, but the one featured in the picture below is just about $32.



Now, for the how to wear it section. Since denim is in this season, I would like to recommend pairing it with a denim button down. However, if your like me and not really feeling the denim on denim looks just yet, the way I will be wearing mine will be with a v-neck t-shirt. The necklace itself should fall between your pecks (or man boobs in some case) and just above your belly button. Anything below your belly button is just too much, but anything above the chest would just be a regular and boring necklace. Really, this is a simple accessory, but one not very men will be willing to try, most likely due to the femininity surrounding necklaces. But as I said its spring, and a time for new beginnings and a time for fashion.

-- Justin

0 comments: