Friday, March 5, 2010

"Alice in Wonderland" #FTW!!


First of all, I would like to say that “Alice in Wonderland” is some of Tim Burton’s best work. He is a favorite of mine and I give him the up-most respect for his brilliance and creativity!
The new Alice in Wonderland hits theaters today and I had the pleasure of seeing the midnight showing of the film. I was captivated by the cinematography, the acting, the wardrobe…everything!
“Alice in Wonderland” stars Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Mia Wasikowska as Alice, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen and Anne Hathaway as the White Queen. Personally, I think Helena Bonham Carter stole the show. I may be a little bit bias because she is one of my favorite actresses, but her role was beyond creative and she portrayed it well. Her character came off as both serious and comedic, and she did a great job of balancing the two. She even got her own separate camera to create the illusion of an over-sized head. How cool!?

This movie is a whimsical tale of a popular kids’ story and Tim Burton and Disney portrayed it perfectly for the new age.
Other than the above-mentioned reasons for this movie’s greatness, the fact that it is being shown in 3D is all the more reason to love it. I have seen some movies in 3D and left the theater thinking what happened to the 3 in the D? But that is not at all the case with this movie! Things really come out at you and you get the 3D feel throughout the entire movie.





I fully encourage everyone to see “Alice in Wonderland”!!!!
**And remember, the craziest people are the best people! (Once you see the film, you will understand) (:
--Jessica

0 comments: