Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Nicki Minaj falls short

Remember when Lil Jon was on every track? It seems to me that Nicki Minaj is the new and improved, female version of Lil Jon. Although Nicki personally frightens me, I give her props. She is a female artist doing her thing as she has brought creativity to numerous tracks. But this time, I think the Young Money lady has fallen short.

Will Smith is steadily creating offspring to take over the world. Jaden Smith was a badass in Karate Kid and now little sister, Willow Smith is whipping her hair everywhere. But what does any of this have to do with Nicki Minaj, you ask? Well Nicki has jumped on Willow's banger "Whip My Hair" and served as a verse opener for the remix. For only 9 years old, Willow goes hard! Although autotune has aided some of that fierceness, you can still tell the little tyke has some power on her voice. However, on this remix, I feel like Nicki has brought it down. The lyrics of course were clean as a result of Willow being a kid star but it was not Nicki's usual rap and just it seemed a bit dry. I do have to high five her for the Juicy Couture, Boomkat and Michael Jackson references! I still enjoy the song but think Nicki may have brought it down a bit and will most likely nix the remix from my playlist. Listen below. What do you guys think?

1 comments:

jlyn said...

She definitely didn't do anything for it. Which is surprising because she could have! #disappointment