Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Doll for a Day

As iconic as Barbie is, how awesome would it be to have a Barbie that looks just like you? Well, now you can. That is if you are between the ages of 3 and 12, of course.


If you know me, you know I love my Nickelodeon! While watching the network I saw a commercial advertising the chance of one lucky girl being able to recreate her look Barbie style! The winner of the Doll for a Day contest will get the chance to fly to Barbie headquarters, meet Barbie herself (not sure how that part is possible) and get a Barbie that looks just like her – hair, clothes and all!


How fierce does that sound? Being the big kid that I am tried to enter the contest but was saddened to find out that there is an age limit. So, if you have a little one who would like to be a Doll for a Day, then log on and attempt to win so that I can live vicariously through her!


Although this contest seems totally fab, I would like to poses a few questions. Can you be a boy and win? Can you be of another persuasion than Caucasian and win? Can you be a chuncker and still win? Barbie is of course a girl, but little boys play with Bardies too. Furthermore, we have seen a growth in the ethnicities of Barbie over the years, but she still remains the classic “white” Barbie in the eyes of many. Barbie is also known for her sexy, skinny figure. There is no such thing as a plus size Barbie, so will a heftier youngster even be considered to win the contest? These are just a few things to ponder. And for the record, I think it should be open for adults too!

What do you guys think of the Doll for a Day contest?



--Jessica

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is cool!I would LOVE to see a plus size barbie! BIG is in!!!!